7 Peaceful Life Lessons from the Dalai Lama
The 14th Dalai Lama
If you are seeking to live a more peaceful life, you can gain great insights from the life and teaching of the Dalai Lama.
He is a renowned Buddhist spiritual leader who is well-known internationally. He has traveled extensively as a teacher committed to living a life of peace.
His official website says this about him:
Welcome to the official website of the Office of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. His Holiness is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people. He frequently states that his life is guided by three major commitments: the promotion of basic human values or secular ethics in the interest of human happiness, the fostering of inter-religious harmony and the preservation of Tibet’s Buddhist culture, a culture of peace and non-violence (Dalai Lama).
You don’t have to be a Buddhist to learn much about living a peaceful life from his teaching.
Read 7 of his 20 peaceful life lessons below.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
[Original Post Oct 10, 2015]